What are Omagles?
Often described as giant Tinker Toys, OMAGLES is a life-sized construction toy comprised of interlocking tubes and spheres that can be linked together to create anything imaginable. Playing with OMAGLES brings people together and brings out the creative side in us. Even educational experts and team building professionals have developed innovative training activities using OMAGLES! Its not just for kids.
OMAGLES are currently used in the following categories: education, team building and training, occupational therapy, therapeutic recreation and wherever children gather, such as camps, organizations and after school programs. There is even a group of forward thinking dog trainers who use OMAGLES to create challenging courses for agility training! The possibilities are endless...
- Imaginative Role Playing: OMAGLES are an open-ended toy so there is no limit to what your child can build with his or her creativity. Construct a puppet theater and put on a show, make nursery furniture for baby dolls. Build empathy through reenacting difficult scenarios or encourage them to build their dreams as pilots of their own airplanes or captains of their own ships.
- Active Play: Use OMAGLES to build a "Laser Maze." Kids will use creative planning and then get some exercise moving through their obstacle course. They will have so much fun they will not even notice they are developing flexibility and gross motor skills.
- Independent Play: Children love to create special spaces for hiding out, reading, and enjoying some solo time, who knows? They may even take a nap! OMAGLES are perfect for erecting forts and tents that encourage independence and the imagination.
- Sports Equipment: With OMAGLES, you always have a hockey goal, water polo net, or track hurdle available. When you are done, just take apart and store for more fun and games later.
- Party Games: Rain or shine, OMAGLES are a welcome guest at any party. Use OMAGLES for limbo sticks, hop scotch courts, or bean bag toss goals.
Use OMAGLES to enhance:
- Social Skills
- Physical Fitness
- Flexibility of Body and Mind
- for ALL ages 3 +
Weight Limit: Never allow any child over 75 lbs to climb on or ride in a structure.
So where this this Super Duper Toys come from?
The story is a nice one...
Clyde Beimfohr and Robert Egizii were partners on a construction project in Missouri when they toyed with the idea of a construction kit for children. The toy kit that the two electrical contractors helped to get off the ground is Omagles, manufactured by Developmental Playcraft Inc. in
Springfield, Ill. Designed for children 3 and older, Omagles has received recognition from Parent`s Choice, a nonprofit parents group, as one of the best toys of 1988!!!!